The Nutrition sessions are designed to be impactful and require a minimum about of time as we understand in our business time is crucial. The Blitz will provide a grab and go concept when needed to reduce any challenges with Driver schedules. The designated locations will have daily prize drawings such as Wal-Mart gifts cards and other prize offerings including free healthy lunches.
The Nutrition Blitz will offer the following free services and incentives:
- Dietitians will be on site from 10am-4pm during the event providing employees with the following information:
- Nutrition education — printed materials, free app download on Nutrition calorie counting, reading a label, quick and easy recipes to use while on the road.
- Diabetes education — what is Diabetes? Who is at Risk? Signs &Symptoms and Prevention.
- Healthy Snacking — employees will receive free samples of snack options and gain an understanding about healthier alternatives (Banana, Apple, Orange, Lara Bar, Granola Bar).
- Mini cooking demonstrations offered at the Kansas City and North Jackson locations providing samples of healthy meal choices quick and easy to prepare.
- Hazmat Sessions
Let’s continue the journey to a healthier life by making better choices to improve our health and well-being. We hope you will take advantage of these program offerings by participating in the Nutrition Blitz. If you are unable to attend one of these events, our next wellness blitz will occur during Driver Appreciation Week with an emphasis on Exercise. More details to come in the coming weeks.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation, support and participation.